Thursday 3 December 2009

Keep On Truckin' by fstopinertia

I love the faded vintage appeal of this one-off Polaroid image transfer print. This process begins with an original print being projected onto peel-apart Polaroid film. The film is then peeled apart almost immediately, and the "negative" side (containing the chemicals) is placed face down onto a piece of watercolor paper. The back of the negative is then pressed to aid in the transfer of the image. This results in a one of a kind hand pulled transfer of the original image. The original image can be exposed and transferred any number of times but the resulting image transfer will always be different than the last!

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I like that picture =)

www.rachaelsgarden.etsy.com said...

Love the vintage look of that picture! Brings back memories,,(oops, am I dating myself??)

Unknown said...

I didn't know you could do that! Pity I gave my Polaroid camera away!