Monday 20 February 2012

Kilburn Pegasus by Alison Deegan


I love Alison Deegan's lino cuts (I'm the proud owner of 4, I think, at last count!) and her work just keeps getting better. I think that this new print, 'Kilburn Pegasus', is absolutely beautiful. I had many a trip to see the Kilburn White Horse and watch the gliders taking off at Sutton Bank when I was a lad and it's a beautiful part of Yorkshire. This fantastic inky blue colour print is a limited edition of just 45. Printed from a hand-cut lino "plate" in oil-based but water washable inks onto good quality printing paper. The printed area is approximately 20cm in diameter, the paper measures approximately 26x26cm. Here's what Alison says about this piece: "I love the juxtaposition of the Yorkshire Gliding Club and the Kilburn White Horse in this little bit of the North York Moors and I couldn't resist sneaking the Pegasus constellation into the night sky."

2 comments:

Glassprimitif said...

I'm the proud owner of two! Fantastically talented artist

Rachel Wright said...

That's so cool. I hadn't thought of using a different shaped printing plate. It really adds to the effect, definitely given me something to consider in my own work.